Homeschool Potpourri is a full service consignment store. We help homeschoolers to find the curriculum they need at prices they can afford.
Who should consign?
Consigning doesn’t have to just be for homeschoolers! Anyone can consign with us. We have thousands of consignors throughout the country and are very grateful for all their support.
What do I consign?
We take a variety of products beyond just homeschooling materials. We take games, puzzles, DVDs, and of course, regular books! We also take globes, scientific equipment, calculators, and more. If you’re wondering if we take something, give us a call or send us an email and we’d be happy to assist you.
When should I consign?
We take consignments Monday through Thursday, 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
Where do I consign?
At the store, of course! 🙂 Stop by the consignment table by the door to get started.
For those out of the area, don’t fret! If you are interested in consigning, send us an email with pictures showing what you’re interested in consigning and we will let you know what we are able to take. Then you can ship those items to us and we will price them the same as if you came into the store.
Why should I consign?
No one likes to have unused items sitting on their shelves collecting dust. Instead, turn those items into money that you can use to purchase items you actually need!
How do I consign?
In general, you have two options when you bring items:
- We can purchase your materials with cash on the spot. However, this is only done certain times of the year. To inquire about if we are buying, give us a call or send us an email.
- We can consign your materials and when your items sell, 40% of the sale price will go into your account in store credit. (For example, if an item sells for $10, you will get $4 in store credit added to your account.) This store credit can be used for anything in the store, including products, tax, and any shipping expenses.
When you come into the store, we will ask for your name and/or phone number so we can locate your account. If you are a new consignor, we will ask you to fill out a short card so we can create you an account. We will then go through your items and determine what we will be able to resell. Once we go through everything, we will return what we cannot take to you. We ask that customers stick around while we go through materials, as we have very limited space and cannot easily get rid of items we cannot take.
- We will NEVER take copied materials as they break copyright laws.
- When mailing in items, enclose your name and phone number in EACH box. We recommend shipping media mail. We do not reimburse shipping costs. To check if we received your items, give us a call or send us an email.
- We keep items on the shelves for 2 years and will donate any items that haven’t sold. We do NOT contact customers that the 2-year time has ended.