Please note the changes to our consignment policy as of January 1, 2012. Homeschool Potpourri is a full service consignment store. We help homeschoolers to find the curriculum they need at prices they can afford.If you’re like most homeschoolers you have curriculum that you bought but never used for one reason or another, or you have things you’re done with because all your children have passed that grade level. Instead of these things gathering dust on your shelves, you could let us sell them for you and use the money to purchase the curriculum you need, or get cash.
Most of the books and supplies in the Homeschool Potpourri are here on consignment. We appreciate our many consignors across the country, and have worked to keep our consignment program simple and easy. Here’s how it works:
- Bring in your consignment materials Monday through Friday between 10:00 AM and 4:30 PM (Saturdays by appointment only because there is only one staff member that day) Place them on our consignment check-in counter. Please do not leave until we tell you what books we can use, or the items we don’t use will be considered abandoned and will be disposed of. We will never take COPIED materials which break copyright laws. Our staff will look through the books and decide what we will be able to resell.
We will need you to fill out an index card with your name, address, phone number, and email address. Our helpful staff will be happy to get you a blank card. If you’re mailing in your books, be sure to enclose a card in each box.
- If you are a returning consignor, you may ask a clerk for your number and find out what your balance is by telling them your phone number. If you send a request for your balance by email always include your phone number.
- Your items will be promptly priced and placed on our shelves, and as they sell, 40% of the selling price will be automatically posted to your consignment account. We do NOT track how many items you brought to us or what the items are, so if you want this information you will need to keep your own list. We can tell you how many items have sold in the history of your account.
Our consignors most often use their credit for the purchase of homeschool materials, so we do not automatically send out checks. You may call us or email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to find out your current balance. You may request a check, and we will send it out at our next scheduled check run. This is done once every month or two months depending upon the time of the year. There is a $ .50 charge for each check sent. Also, as of January 1, 2012, if you opt to receive a check instead, consignors will now receive 25% for consignment check/payment. If you prefer you may stop by the store or order by phone and use your 40% credit to purchase items.
- If you are mailing your items in, remember to send us a list FIRST by email or fax, and we will tell you what we can use.
- Remember to enclose a 3 x 5 card with your name, address, phone number, and email address in EACH box, and keep your shipping inexpensive (post office media mail is best) because we do not reimburse you for your shipping costs. If you want confirmation that we received your books, enclose a self-addressed, stamped postcard which we can return letting you know we received your shipment.
Note: We reserve the right to donate unsold items when we deem them as not likely to sell.
Any account that has had no activity for ten years will be purged.
Send mail to email@example.com with questions or comments about this web site.